Citizens for Choice is a 501(c)(3) California Public Benefit Corporation, a tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code. Charitable gifts may be tax-deductible. Citizens for Choice does not share confidential donor information.
Your generous support will allow us to continue as your local advocate for reproductive health, rights and justice. With your help, we will continue working to fill the need for:
- Access to trusted, local reproductive healthcare providers
- Fact-based sexual and reproductive health information
- Public policies that promote equitable access to healthcare and high-quality sex education
Community financial support is what makes it possible for us to continue to sustain The Clinic! in Grass Valley.
- In partnership with Women’s Health Specialists as the providers, we keep The Clinic!open five days a week, at 984 Plaza Drive, south suite in Grass Valley.
- From The Clinic! opening in 2006 through 2021, we’ve had over 29,000 clinic visits meeting reproductive healthcare needs.
HOW MIGHT YOUR GIFT BE USED
Your gift will be used mainly to sustain the clinic, and, to a lesser degree to keep Citizens for Choice operating.
Examples of the impact your gift might have:
- $2650 will cover one month’s rent for the clinic space
- $500 will cover electricity costs for the clinic for a month
- $100 will allow free condoms to made available at selected sites for two months
- $50 will allow for sexual health education training to be provided to one volunteer
How to donate
Donations through Springly
Every page on the Citizens for Choice website contains two “Donate” buttons, at the top and the bottom of each page. Clicking on any of the buttons transfers the donor to a donate page designed specifically for Citizens for Choice on our fundraising platform, Springly.
Donors are encouraged to create their own accounts on Springly, allowing them to review their donations over time.
Donors may send us checks, to Citizens for Choice, PO box 3525, Grass Valley CA, 95945. Checks may be handwritten and mailed by the donor or issued through the donor’s banking bill-pay service.
A bill-pay service may be used to set up automatic periodic donations, e.g., on a monthly basis, reducing the effort required by the donor and ensuring continuing support to Citizens for Choice, including our clinic.
Charge or Debit Donations
Citizens for Choice uses Square app to process charge or debit transactions at events.
Donations through eScrip
Individuals who participate in the eScrip program at SPD and SaveMart markets may designate Citizens for Choice as the nonprofit of their choice.
Gifts of Stock
Stock donations to Citizens for Choice are handled by RW Baird and Co, 360 Sierra College Dr, Suite 200, Grass Valley, 888-792-9244. Our main contact at Baird is Janice Dunn. The donor must transfer the stock to Baird, best done through the donor’s broker, who will need the following information about Baird:
- DTC Broker Name RW Baird and Co
- DTC Broker Account Number 0547
- Delivering Account Name Nevada County Citizens for Choice
- Delivering Account Number 4724-7057
Distributions from a donor’s Individual Retirement Account
To make a gift from an IRA, a donor should discuss with their broker how to make the transfer and whether a qualified charitable contribution (QCD) is available and the best way to do that. Those over age 70 ½ may be able to give gift amounts tax-free from an IRA as a QCD. This is not intended as tax advice. We urge you to discuss your options with your tax professional. A QCD or other distribution check should be mailed to: Citizens for Choice, PO box 3525, Grass Valley CA, 95945.