A Special Place For Teens
Did you know that you have a right to privacy about your health care?
If you’re a teen in California, you have rights to privacy and reproductive health care.
At The Clinic! all services are provided confidentially. California law states that teens are able to access services related to mental, reproductive and sexual health and drug and alcohol treatment without consent of a parent or guardian. We are not allowed to share information about you with anyone else unless you tell us someone has hurt you or you have hurt yourself or someone else. To read more visit http://teenhealthlaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019CaMinorConsentConfChartFull.pdf. (Insert hyperlink reading California Minor Consent and Confidentiality Laws)
To better understand your rights to confidential health care services or consultation, even if you are on your parent’s or guardian’s health insurance, read more here: Know Your Privacy Rights And you can visit: myhealthmyinfo.org to make arrangements with your insurance provider.
My boyfriend wants to have sex. I’m not sure I’m ready, and I am afraid to get pregnant. I don’t want to talk to my parents, because they will be disappointed I am even considering sex at my age. I can’t talk to my friends – they don’t seem to know any more than I do. Can The Clinic! help me?”
Are you feeling overwhelmed?
You have come to the right place for honest answers. No judgment. We promise to listen with respect for your feelings.
As a teenager, you have many changes to cope with – your body and desires, learning about relationships, and whether you are ready for sex is sometimes overwhelming.
We think if you are given all the information, you will be in a better position to make good decisions – after all, decisions you make regarding your reproductive health can affect you both now and in the future.
DO YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT?
At The Clinic! We can help you with the following:
- Are you looking for the best method of birth control for your situation?
- Is someone pressuring you to have sex and you aren’t sure you’re ready?
- Do you have questions about your sexual health?
- Have you had unprotected sex and want to learn more about testing for Sexually Transmitted Infections?
- Never had a gynecological exam? Find out why it is so important for teens.
What About The Cost?
In almost all cases, there is no cost to teens for exams.
We provide information, exams and/or referrals for you with respect for your body, your feelings, and your privacy.
Our services are always confidential, non-judgmental and available to young men and women, regardless of their sexual orientation or situation.
Did You Know?
- The rate of STI’s (Sexually Transmitted Infections) are higher in the United States than Europe and Canada?
- Nearly half of all teens report knowing little to nothing about condoms.
- Over one-third of websites used by teens to get information about sex and birth control have inaccurate information.
- Many teens try to get information from their friends – who often have no real knowledge of the facts.
Call The Clinic! today to take charge of your reproductive health. We are here to listen and provide objective, factual support. 530-891-1911
And…here is a cute fun video which covers different methods of birth control which are available at The Clinic!