Services and Treatment at The Clinic!
call for an Appointment (530) 891-1911
- Contraception / education – we offer numerous choices for contraception, depending on your needs. We will gladly give you all the information so you can make the best choice for your body. We also teach teens how to use a condom! Condoms are free of charge. Interested in an IUD? Read about LARC_Types and descriptions.
- Emergency contraception ( ‘morning after’ pill) – Next Choice and Ella are available at The Clinic! Please inquire for eligibility of coverage under Family PACT which includes coverage of minors. (see cost of services) Medication should be administered within 5 days of unprotected sex for effectiveness, within 72 hours is optimal.
- Pregnancy – testing, counseling and education. ‘Same day’ results. (see ‘Referrals’) If you believe you might be pregnant, please see ‘Are You Pregnant?’ for help.
- Gynecological Care– annual exams, pap smears, pelvic exams, breast exams, education and counseling.
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) Testing and treatment. Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Herpes, and HPV are tested and treated at The Clinic! All other positive tests will be referred to the Nevada County Health Department for appropriate treatment options.
- Testicular exams
Counseling, information and referrals:
- Unplanned pregnancy. We will give you the most up to date information available so you may make the right decision for you. We make referrals for pre-natal care, adoption services, and pregnancy termination (terminations are performed at another location). Women’s Health Specialists offers both medical and surgical terminations and can even refer you to someone who will provide transportation to the appointment. Adoption services and counseling are avail at the Clinic, through Adoption Choices of Northern California. See ‘Are You Pregnant?’ for more information.
- Mammograms – Women over 40 are referred by Women’s Health Specialists to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. Breast cancer early detection program – exam and mammogram may be covered under the ‘Every Woman Counts’ program at no cost.
- HPV vaccine – we will refer you to a clinic that offers this vaccine. More information about this vaccine is available at Women’s Health Specialists www.womenshealthspecialists.org and the National Institutes of Health website at www.health.nih.gov
- RU486 – Offered by Women’s Health Specialists at our sites in Chico and Redding. Please contact us for more information.
- Vasectomies – information and referral provided.
Place Between Pregnancy and Gyn Care
Medical Abortion: There are two steps and at least two visits to The Clinic! First you will receive counseling to understand how this option works. Mifeprex blocks the hormone necessary to maintain a pregnancy and followed by a second medicine, misoprostol, the uterus contracts to expel the pregnancy.
Citizens for Choice Condom Fairies
Many thanks to the local businesses and offices who have graciously allowed us space in their store to display our information baskets and the condom fairies who keep them stocked!
Behind Closed Doors Fantasy Boutique
Briar Patch Co-Op
Clock Tower Records
CoRR (Community Recovery Resources)
Crazy Horse Saloon and Grill
Foggy Mountain Music
FoxHound Expresso & Coffee Roaster
Gary’s Place Saloon
Dr. E. Lernhardt, MD (PV)
Sierra Care Physicians (PV)
Spirit Farmer Acupuncture
The Open Book
Valentina’s Organic Bistro & Bakery
Nevada County Citizens for Choice. Promoting reproductive justice through education.